The only good thing about the weather turning cold??? SOUP! I seriously adore making soup and in the summer it is just too hot. In fact, I have soup on the menu 3 times in the next 7 days. That is how much I really love soup. I decided to share my Tortellini Soup Recipe with you while showcasing Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Sweet Italian Style Sausage. Because the first few cold days of Fall are the perfect occasion to serve your family a tasty hot meal… I mean besides Thursketti.
Doesn’t that look SOOOO YUM?
I was able to pick up all the ingredients for my Tortellini Soup Recipe while out doing my weekly shopping.
- 12 oz package of Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Sweet Italian Style sausage (sliced lengthwise and then thinly across)
- 1½ cups sliced zucchini (thick julienne)
- 1½ cups julienned carrots
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1½ tbsp basil (dried)
- 2 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz of fresh tortellini
- In large stock pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and lightly brown.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft. Stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add remaining vegetables and saute until spinach wilts.
- Add water, broth, tomatoes, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook for about 8 minutes (or package instructions). Reduce heat to medium while cooking. Do not overcook. Remove from heat.
- Serve topped with your favorite Italian style cheese and enjoy.
Tortellini Soup Instructions
Wash and chop all veggies.
Halve and thinly slice Hillshire Farm Gourmet Creations Sweet Italian Style Sausage. I love that you can actually see the peppers inside of the sausage… It isn’t a mystery what’s really in there.
Lightly brown sausage in olive oil over medium-high heat. Since the sausage is already cooked it’s quick and easy.
Add onions and garlic saute until soft. (stir frequently to avoid burning)
Add remaining veggies and saute until spinach is wilted.
Add broth, water, tomatoes, and spices. Stir well and bring to a boil. Add fresh tortellini and cook for about 8 minutes (or according to package instructions) Be sure to NOT overcook the pasta. Remove from heat and serve.
Top with grated Italian style cheese. Don’t forget a side of warm fresh bread.
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. But the deliciousness that is the #GourmetCreations recipe is all my own.