Tonight I noticed that a lot of my recent posts are food or recipe related. Maybe it’s because I love to cook when the weather cools down. Or maybe it’s because I have lost my ability to mock my family. I shudder at the thought… I am ruining my kids chance at needing a therapist in the future. What is WRONG with me? Well tonight’s post isn’t going to help any… It’s an apple crisp recipe.
My little sister’s watched my dog last weekend. Which means my Mom sent me home with a huge basket of apples from her tree. What does one do with all those apples? Well I made dessert… Because God created cinnamon and sugar expressly for the purpose of making apples awesome. What? It’s true… I am sure I heard that in church once. So basically my dessert was a gift from heaven. And if you have ever had Apple Crisp a’la mode… You know I am totally right.
My apple crisp recipe is quick, easy, and pretty much fool proof. Trust me… I know fools.
Forgive the photo… when the sun sets at 5pm I am a slave to crappy light bulbs.
- 4 medium apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter (softened)
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 8×8 baking pan coated with cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly spread apples in bottom of greased baking pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl until completely mixed and crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is brown and apples are fork tender.
You can thank me later… and you will.