I fondly remember my very first brand new car, don’t you? It was a 2002 Honda Accord and I was in love. That is why I couldn’t turn down the luxury of test driving a brand new 2013 Honda Accord EX-L from Ken Garff Honda of Orem…for 10 fabulous days. You may have seen us using the #HondaTestDrive (hashtag) on Twitter and Instagram documenting our (okay… MY) hijinks. Which may or may not have included adorning the car with unicorn-a-plenty.
We are currently owners of one mid-size SUV, that is my primary mode of transportation, and a mid-size sedan that my husband drives for his daily commute. For me to switch over to a sedan for 10 days was a bit of a change. And while I only have 2 kids… I may not be ready to switch over to a sedan quite yet, even if it is as sweet of a ride as an Accord. It may be a mental block but I like the extra space in an SUV. However, my husband definitely has the Accord in his vision for our next commuter car purchase. And trust me…that says a lot. He’s pretty loyal to his current brand and for him to have second thoughts means the 2013 Honda Accord EX-L really made an impression.
Isn’t she pretty? I didn’t name her because she wasn’t mine to keep. I hope her forever home gives her an awesome name like “Candy”.
And hopefully “the car possibly known as Candy” will remember the time we took an epically awesome day trip and captured it on video.
And we not only went a little video crazy…I got pretty snap happy with the camera when documenting how gorgeous the interior and exterior features are.
And while this is shaping up to be the world’s longest post…I just can’t stop without telling you about the things we truly enjoyed while driving the 2013 Accord. Because we drove it as real people…not mechanics…or professionals…just a family using a car. And I know when I am looking for a car that’s who I want advice from.
2013 Honda Accord Features
These are all the features that we loved… and possibly not their technical names. Granted my husband wishes he were a MotorTrend car reviewer… As you will see in the video. And it has many more features that I haven’t listed but I am sure that Ken Garff Honda of Orem would be happy to fill you in on those details.
- Push start ignition (No more digging for keys in your purse or pocket…you just have to have them with you.)
- Dual memory driver’s seat (Perfect for the tall and the small.)
- 8 inch information display (It’s really big. Bigger is better.)
- Cup holders (We all know I am addicted to Diet Coke.)
- XM Radio (I am a radio snob… No commercials up in here.)
- Pandora interface (This gets a big Thumbs Up.)
- Bluetooth (Safety first. Safety first.)
- USB and auxiliary connections (I love being able to charge my iPhone without a 12-volt adapter.)
- Backup camera with different view options (Maybe even I could back into the garage…or maybe not.)
- Blind spot camera (It’s awesome. I sometimes turned on my right blinker just to see it.)
- Heated leather seats (Sometimes your “seat” needs a little heat in these cold Utah winters.)
- Real time gas mileage tracking (My hubby tracks every tank of gas and mileage…this was seriously one of his FAVORITE things about the car.)
- Leg and head room (Surprisingly my teenage boys fit comfortably in the backseat. Which is not common for all sedans.)
- Steering wheel audio controls (Sometimes you just need to drown out the background noise. Or the sound of your own voice singing along to Taylor Swift music.)
- Large trunk (We were able to fit an entire cart load of Costco goodies into the trunk… granted there was no more space for my Wal-Mart run.)
- V6 engine with “eco” mode (Power when you want it…gas savings when you don’t.)
- LED Headlights (The husband found this to be so cool.)
- Plenty of room for unicorn displays (I found this to be so cool.)
In the end if I could make one suggestion to Honda or Ken Garff Honda of Orem…maybe it’s time for a little logo change.
***I was given a 2013 Honda Accord to test drive for 10 days. All opinions are my own.