aka… Cookies even the “new and improved” Cookie Monster can’t eat just one of. (Or is he the carrot monster now?) My friend Vanessa said her husband made the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever and shared them over on Em’s site. Well… They are pretty close to the best cookies ever… I will admit. I made a few modifications (for my own personal taste) and came up with a pretty magical Chocolate Chunk and M&M’s Cookie Recipe. The result is a soft, chewy, and perfect sized cookie… But of course that happened… I have unicorn glitter on my side.
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Just under 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks ( you can substitute the M&M’s and chocolate chunks with whatever type of chocolate you prefer like chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in medium sized bowl.
- Cream together sugars, melted butter, and vanilla in large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Add eggs and whip until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour mixture and combine until dough is formed. Carefully stir in chocolate chunks and M&M’s until well mixed.
- Scoop dough about ⅛ cup at a time onto lined or sprayed cookie sheet. Leave a 2 inch space between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes (do not overcook) Makes about 2-2½ dozen cookies
Are you still here? Why aren’t you baking these right now???