Yesterday my son came up the stairs singing a song…that prompted the following post on Facebook: (Every good parent’s job is to embarrass their teenager on Facebook…right?)
“My son just came up the stairs singing Justin Bieber’s “Baby”. I’m not sure if I should take away his Pandora or his vocal chords.”
With a “slightly” hormonal teenager this could have ended in 2 ways.
- Him asking why I posted that and trying his best to shun me…even though we both know that won’t happen because I wouldn’t allow it.
- Him joining in on the fun and showing off his amazing humor that he obviously gets from me.
Based upon the Facebook conversation that followed…you decide:
- Josh -
- Me – Josh dude. Why are you Facebooking in the bathroom??? Remind me to never touch your phone.
- Josh –
- Me – Josh so you FB again from the potty. You realize that’s not a lazy boy in there…right?
- Josh – Don’t try to change who I am. I am a mystical creature who works in mysterious ways. Much like the unicorn that prances through the gumdrop forest.
- Me – Josh I didn’t realize that using Facebook while pooping was so much a part of who you are. I guess it’s my fault for giving you all that fiber…and a cell phone.
- Josh – Hate the game don’t hate me.
- Me – Josh I just ask that you practice safe bathroom text and wash your hands afterwards.
- Josh – I ain’t no fool mom. You know how I do.
- Josh – A unicorn once said to me, “If you FB and use the potty. All your dreams will come true.” You know what happened? They all did. The mystical Unicorn gods are upon me mom. I am like the Unicorn prophet. I ride into the sunset shirtless with my hair blowing in the wind. (queue cheesy music)
See… He’s definitely my son.
I think this post needs a not so random unicorn…