Today is my 15th wedding anniversary. Don’t worry, it is, I checked the marriage license to confirm. Not that *I* would EVER forget something like the date of an anniversary. With each passing year I wish we would have taken bets on the length of our marriage… I mean we DID get married in Vegas, I am sure some casino could have figured out the odds for us. (Plus… we could pay off our house with that haul)
Now, on the morning of 15 years of wedded bliss, I’d like to share with you how to beat the odds… Even when they are stacked against you. Look at what we’ve overcome:
- 13.5 years of sharing a double bed. (Don’t check your prescription, yes, a double bed.)
- He likes puffy Cheetos-I like crunchy Cheetos. (Dudes, I know. Nearly a deal breaker.)
- He loves SPAM-I prefer my canned meat byproducts without a gelatinous coating. (Dear SPAM lovers… please don’t email me. K thanks.)
- I like trashy reality tv shows-He enjoys educational podcasts.
- For me, reading a book is like an addiction-For him, reading a book is like herpes.
- I would rather cut off my left pinkie toe than shop-He would cut off my left pinkie toe in order to shop.
Seriously… how did we survive? Just the bed thing alone has caused at least 2,193 divorces in the span of time it took to write this post.
- A smaller bed means more cuddling.
- 2 bags of Cheetos never killed anyone. Just ask Chester Cheetah.
- I am pretty sure SPAM has killed someone… I am still not bending on this one.
- He can name all the current Teen Moms and I can tell Brian Dunning’s voice from a mile away.
- He bought me a Kindle and I have listened to several audio books with him.
- He always asks if I need anything from the store and I rarely ever roll my eyes at his impulse buys.
It’s never perfect. It’s always messy. And there are times when it’s been difficult. But, I can’t imagine spending the last 15 years with anyone else. Or the next 50… Even if there is SPAM involved.
Dude… How cute are we? Love you!