Thanks for stopping by and celebrating Fakesgiving week with me.
I have a confession… I am a food snob. It’s true. I am not super snobby… I pretty much can’t survive without McDonald’s Diet Coke. And who doesn’t love a chicken nugget now and then? But when it comes to certain things… homemade is best. Cranberry sauce is one of them. In fact, until I married Brian, I never realized that people bought canned cranberries… Especially considering how simple and EASY the recipe is. Plus, it looks and tastes so much better. It has to be one of our favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
- 3 cups (1 package) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- In medium sized sauce pan bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries and bring back to a slow boil.
- Boil for an additional 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and cool for 30-40 minutes before placing in serving dish. Continue cooling to room temperature, cover, and place in fridge to cool prior to serving.
Gather your ingredients:
Then follow the few easy steps:
Be sure to check back throughout the week for more Thanksgiving recipe ideas. I heard from a little bird that you get to see a video of me with a big bird…